Tuesday, October 13, 2009

McDonald's

+ =



Well, I just did something that some people might consider horrible.
I ate lunch at McDonald's.

I was at the supermarket, Carrefour, which is similar to Wal-Mart, but nicer, and my friend wanted to stop at McD to eat. To be fair, I tried the Croque McDo, McDonald's take on the Croque Monsieur. A Croque Monsieur is a fabulous mixture of creamy cheese, ham, and good bread.
McDonald's Croque McDo was... well it wasn't the most horrible thing I've ever eaten. It wasn't great either. It was kind of like a white American cheese and Oscar Myer ham sandwich, melted.
At €1.60, I didn't feel too bad about paying for it... I also ordered a side of potatoes (not fries), but the lady thought I said water... By the time I got my order, it was too late. I guess it was better for me anyway.

But this brings me to a bigger dilemma. My schools are pretty far from everything useful.
There might be a library, but it also might be closed. And hours on French libraries are like:
Some afternoons (but never Sunday or Monday), Some mornings and afternoons, and sometimes just closed because we feel like it.
My work schedule has some very long breaks, but there's no sense in going back into town, a 20-25 minute bus trip each way.
There is, however, a McDonald's, which with a small purchase also has free wifi.
Hanging out in McD seems kind of horrible to me, but it would also be 1. warmer than being outside 2. safer than being outside 3. free internet.

I'm curious, what do you guys think? Should I hang there when I need to get away from my schools?
Or, is that silly?
Take the poll on the left of the screen!

Does anyone remember France and Spain 2004? One of our friends (cough justin) was determined to eat at a McDonald's in every new city. Oh, high school.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember! He did it when we all studied abroad too...aka I ate a McDonald's in London, Dublin, and Rome (but at least the Rome one had a crazy marble fountain inside!) ;) Silly American boy.

    ReplyDelete