Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Au revoir

I have been in Dublin since Monday afternoon.  Sunday and Monday were horribly difficult days that involved lots of packing, re-packing, weighing luggage, eating, and crying.

It's kind of hard to believe I've left continental Europe, France, and Angers for the forseeable future.  I'm pretty sure I've been a miserable travel companion for my sister and her boyfriend Lee, and I am now making an effort not to be the permanent grumpy person. But it's really heartbreaking to know I won't be seeing my home of the last nine months again.  I mean, I will see it again, but at the moment that is a distant speck in the future.  Saying goodbye to Christophe, Karine, and Luz was probably the hardest part of leaving Angers.  They have become my adopted French family, and I can't even begin to describe how much that means to me.  As much as I like traveling and going from place to place, I also love being home around people I love.  And being with them was very much like being home; they are definitely people I love.  I guess that just means I'll have to figure out a way to come back to France and keep bugging them about visiting the states!

My favorite French family:
(I hope they don't mind being posted on the internet!)

My favorite French kid:


The wonderful thing about aurevoir is that revoir means "to see again," so it's not really a goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment