Saturday, July 3, 2010

Things fall apart

The post immediately before this one was written quite a while ago, and I'm not sure why I didn't finish it...

I also don't have a very good reason for not updating.  There's just been so much going on.

Some things I have done:

About a month ago, I spent the weekend with Karine & Christophe at Karine's parent's home in the countryside near the city of Bourge.  They have a beautiful home with a nice yard.  They also have a huge cherry tree that was full  to the brim with ripe cherries, which we ate morning, noon, and night.  We also saw the Cathédrale Saint-Étienne de Bourges, a UNESCO world heritage site, and one of the largest cathedrals in France.  We were also there when the evening light festival thingy was taking place.  Many of the street lights were replaced with blue lightbulbs and there were images of famous works of art projected on some of the buildings in the city.  Hard to explain, but pretty awesome to see.



I've been stressing about packing and leaving, the date of which is now upon me.  I will leave France on Monday.

My sister is now in France.  I met her and her boyfriend Lee last Wednesday in Paris where they adjusted to time change, and I dealt with the typical train drama that comes with a strike.  Then we went to the Netherlands for the weekend to stay with our wonderful host Victor.  We enjoyed the perfect weather, watched Holland beat Slovakia, and rocked out to the Black Keys.  The Black Keys rocked.

Now I'm trying to pack.  I'm also in somewhat of a battle against my fabulous phone company who has decided to charge me lots of money for no reason.

Hou la la....

No comments:

Post a Comment